In our todays life we face a problem connected with testing of our kids / relatives / patients etc. for clearing the question of presumptive Durgs of abuse usage.
Before stepping into testing we strongly recommend you to try understanding:
- the difference between the drugs of abuse (DOA)
- the difference between the way DOA are taken – inhalation, smoking, injection, etc.
- consult a specialist regarding specifics of the DOA
- be ready for the next step after you receive the result of the test – either negative or positive (meaning to have a better understanding what to do), becasue testing for the testing itself makes no sense – it’s only spending money for tests.
- and maybe first of all – TALK TO YOUR KIDS or CLIENTS and observe their reactions, especially in the teenage.
There is a lot of literature that could help you as well. But here are few points you should know when buying a test for detecting DOA
- What are we testing for – there is no reason to test a client for cocaine use of he/she smokes marijuana only. If you are not sure what DOA your client is taking – go for multi drug tests for the first few tests.
- Testing should be done under control for minimizing the risk of result adulteration
- Be sure the tests you use are not expired
- Testing should be done unexpected, random
- The test results should be shown immediately, but have in miind that: A negative tests result means that the concentration of the DOA we test for is lower than the sensitivity of the test we use – it does not mean your client is not taking any DOA.
After more than 20 years of experience we decided to work with body fluid test, produced by e German Company, called ultimed. Here are the tests we work with: